Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Get Even!

 Hey everybody! Let's get some of my thoughts about fun stuff we caught in a picture.

Monopoly for sore losers. They freely admit that their game has this effect on people. I like how the box uses the word "sad" instead of the more-likely "angry", is there a rule now for flipping the table in a fit of rage?



It's been a while since I got a Treasure X figure. I've always enjoyed the art style of the series, and I couldn't resist seeing what they would do with a Robot theme, and picked up a couple. The robot comes covered in a "rust" coating that feels like it's just regular plastic. And you have to cut the robot's legs out of some kind of cardboard crate.


The rust is removed by soaking it in water. It's silly to say, but this was a lot cooler than I expected. Whatever chemical technology they are using is impressive. It takes a while to disolve and is a neat sort of show to watch. Make sure you are using a clear cup. I suppose there might be some impatient people who might find this annoying.


Of course these robots look awesome. It's refreshing to see new and unique designs, with just the right touch of cute sillyness to remind you that these are toys. There's a little faux battery included which could be real-gold-dipped. But somehow this doesn't count as gambling.


I saw this Playmobil character and thought her fox mask looked like it could have been one of the VIPs from the Netflix show Squid Game! When I checked later, there was not a fox among the VIP masks. Still, it's fun to see Playmobil making crazy characters like this night club rave DJ, which might not be appropriate for kids, but Playmobil has done worse (I'm thinking of you, tattoo artist figure!)


Does anybody at all, ever, eat Neapolitan Ice Cream all mixed together? Usually you just scoop from whatever section you want, and leave the strawberry for Mom. Oreo should have made this three separate cookies with one type of filling for each cookie, not all three in one cookie.


I don't even know what to say about this sexy fox dressed as Red Riding Hood, selling cherries. I suppose it's just a little shocking to see something like this these days, when society has become a lot more conservative in its advertising mascots.


I saw Kirby in a wierd spider hat and gathered a few others together for a photo op. I haven't played the more recent Kirby games, so there's a bunch of Kirby powers I don't know about. Does that one have a mop? Did he stay at a hotel and suck up one of the cleaning people?


Here comes Halloween! I even took this picture a few weeks ago, as the decorations are hitting the store shelves around August 1st.


This is like the original draft of the Star Trek intro. "...Our mission: To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life, and new civilizations. To boldly go where you've never been!"


Should I be worried that the camera I just paid $130 for is being left in the woods? Should I buy another one, to keep an eye on this one? I find it extra funny that the store puts them in the plastic cases, so they are safe in the store. You're on your own once you buy it and put it in the woods.


Hey it's the thing they use on Survivor to start fires! For only a couple of dollars you can practice at home all you want! Then, when you get on the show, never do it once, and then surprise everyone at the end when they think you can't do it!


The Star Wars character known only as The Client come with a $5000 drink! There's a Disney Cruise where they sell you a special alcoholic drink that comes in that recognizable cylinder case. And they charge you five grand for it! That's a real thing! Look it up!


Hmmm. What's with all the price-themed pictures today? This Target price scanner says $0.00. Should we hold them to that? When we went to check out, the red light went on and the guy manually entered the price on the sticker. I didn't feel like making a Karen-level-quest out of $4.49, but a piece of me wanted to.


Tony the Tiger is how old? It's alright if he needs glasses to read. How else would you know he was reading? I had a funny thought that somebody would call him a nerd, and he's stand up with his super-fit self and be like "What did you just call me?" haha.


The recent Transformers movies might be a bit of a mess, but they did give us some memorable things. Like Shia Lebeouf, you can scream "OPTIMUS!" as your dog chews on him.


Pixel waffles! I doubt they really look like that, but it's fun to imagine they would.


A 2nd waffle pic? I was almost curious enough to see what a Green Apple Dragon Waffle would taste like. Maybe next time I'll get some to try. Also found it funny to see the Grogu waffles from The Mandalorian say "Galactic Homestyle" like what? Do we live in space?


"Weird Al" Yankovic gets top-billing in the credits of the Lego Star Wars Summer Vacation special! Two over actual C-3PO Anthony Daniels? Poor Threepio, always gets no respect. Lando should have been a the top, too. Does anybody else find it fun to poke at the order of the credits?


YO JOE! G. I. Joe roleplaying game! Sounds like fun. My codename would be Snapshot and my specialty would be quick-draw sniper rifles and espionage. That's kinda like taking pictures and posting funny comments, right?


Right next to it; Power Rangers the roleplaying game! "We need to recruit a group of teenagers with attitude!" Hahaha. I most certainly would be the Minty Ranger. Minty is a color!


I'm pretty sure your kid is not supposed to be reading about Cthulhu. But that's what makes this so funny, right?


I had to post the funny poem on the back cover along with the comical version of H. P. Lovecraft.


That giant stick figure certainly got our attention! Too bad it's holding the sign  in the other direction. Y'know, there's a whole giant shopping center behind us, and only one store in front of that sign. I was too lazy to walk all the way over there to see what the sign said.


A couple of fun cars. How many people are going to get that Thelma & Louise car and just drive it off the edge of the table? That's the first thing you thought of, right? It's been a while since I've seen any MacGyver, did he ever use a toy car in any of his gadgets? Even without knowing for sure, I'd be willing to bet he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment