Monday, August 22, 2022

Where's Peach?

 Hey! It's Minty with some more pictures. What else did you expect to find here?

The Princess Peach figure is ghosted-out on the front of this Lego set, and it mentions she is not included. So... what they are saying is: "Your Princess is in another castle."! Ha-HA! That's a classic Super Mario Bros. bit.




BOXES! Argh, you can't squish those! How am I going to tell what figure I'm getting? Lego recently tried boxes for random figures in their "Vidyo" theme, which tanked so hard they had to cancel the theme. Maybe... because of the boxes?


Just a couple of random Star Wars figures. Have they ever done a Blue Leader before? I can't remember if he was in the original A New Hope movie, here it says Rouge One. And that Migs Mayfeld is in the trooper armor as a disguise. So you can put the helmet on, and he could be a different character. It's like a two-fer!


Seeing a bunch of Disney character-themed cars makes me want a Mario Kart type of game for them! (or should I say "Sugar Rush" type of game?) I guess you can get these and race them around the room in-person.


It is most logical to pity the fool who don't like Playmobil. These figures are kind of big for key chains but we have to encourage them to do more of these, so we got 'em both!


Rainbow Sword of Woke-ness +2! You will be inclusive! [waves sword around!]


Really? Is this the time to be reading a book? While they are mad?


I did not find any Waldo guys hiding around Princeton that day. But I took this picture just in case I needed to point out why I was looking. Okay, to be honest I wasn't really looking very hard.


The Morning Glory shop, which was the one that sells the Japanese-themed merchandise, has moved? Looks like a name change, too. Lime Lite? Okay. Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but a store is a store, let's go find it.


I thought I saw these capsule machines out of the corner of my eye as I walked past this place. The new location is right around the corner from the toy shop, so for us, it's a better spot.


The back half of the store was closed off, but peek-able. There's more modern pop fashion stuff in here, and less Japanese stuff. But still plenty of neat things to check out.


These novelty type items are always funny to see. Freud's Lip Balm is totally NOT for kissing your Mother. And in case you can't see the soap-on-a-rope, those are shaped like two acorns.


This Sanrio character is named My Melody, and this flexible bendy pen reminded me of the Mad Max movie with the guys on the giant poles. Is there a Hello Kitty around here with a flamethrower guitar?


It's all peeled-over but I can tell that's a picture of the Artist Formerly Known as Prince followed by TON. Get it? Prince-ton? Bonus points for also having a Springfield Isotopes sticker on there, too. From The Simpsons, of course.


What a odd, yet interesting, idea for a cookbook. The game features characters from all around the world, so really they can put anything they want in here. Cook your food over a... Yoga Flame!


Cool! Chalk drawing of Brewster from Animal Crossing. He's the pigeon that serves coffee. I'm a fan of hand-drawn chalk ads. It's an interesting art form.


Gotta laugh when you glance over and see a doll packaged with it's hat pulled over her eyes. Just some factory worker having some fun at the job three months ago.


I don't remember if they ever said the name Koska Reeves in the show, but there she is as a figure! Played by WWE Wrestling Superstar Sasha Banks. There should be a good number of wrestling fans that are also Star Wars fans, with them both being fantasy settings. Haha kidding! Of course they got her for her um... "combat skills". Also, there's Asajj Ventress' ship, which was introduced in the now-not-canon Clone Wars series made by "The Samurai Jack Guy" Genndy Tartakovsky.


Picture of this POP! Figure of Maya Lopez, who is also known as Echo, is just an excuse to talk about the Marvel character who is Native American, deaf, and missing her leg. That sounds like a lot of requirements for them to cast an actor, but they found Alaqua Cox who has all of those things. That's some serious commitment to accuracy, which is quite fittingly her superpower; to mimic any movement she sees.


You might not be able to see it to clearly on this picture, but there's a massive lump under the parking spot there. Nature don't care about pavement!


In the movie The Matrix, the characters claim they look at this and don't even see the coding, they can tell what it's supposed to be. So I laughed when I saw this and imagined I could do the same thing, and was like "can you believe they put THAT on a shirt?!! Shame on them!"


Can they really have the Imperial Stormtrooper be the promo character for Make a Wish? How did nobody bring that up? Stormtroopers have always been bad guys.


Denied! Now you are trapped in the store! Mwa-ha-HA!


Funny knock-off key chains. We all know Pokemon is short for Pocket Monster, but clearly that's regular Yoda and not baby Yoda.


Hmm. Guess I didn't want any hot sauces after all. I took this picture at 5:27 and the sign says they'd be back at 5:22. Slackers! Eh... I'm getting better at just letting this sort of thing go. So no big deal.


Boom! Later on I found some more of those boxes and I WAS able to "squish" it and find the Purple Toad's big square mushroom head! I totally sniped it, only bought the one box. Good luck if you want any of the other characters though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment