Saturday, August 6, 2022

XL Flea Market Pics

 Flea Market! There's a ton of pictures here, but I thought I'd just dump them all at once instead of breaking it into two posts. Is this too many pictures for one go? 

It used to be quite a thing to see an aerial picture like this. Not too long ago, you had to get a whole helicopter thing with a professional film crew. Now you can just zip a cheap drone in the sky for a fraction of the cost. Do drones fly up this high? This looks pretty high.




We got there a little bit after lunch and headed to the outside tables. There was still plenty of people there but already some of them were packing up. I guess you really have to hit a flea market in the morning to get the full plate.


Awwww yeah. Rip-off Lego sets. You're at the pro flea market!


Disney Pins! I might have gotten a few, except I totally forgot to bring extra cash, and discovered I only had $18 in my pocket. D'oh! And the take-away is: Bring extra cash to the flea market!


I almost didn't post this picture, because y'know... Playboy magazines. But, these were clearly in view of a bunch of children who walked past them anyway. And I guess the comment I wanted to add was something along the lines of these being made obsolete by the very Internet you are reading this blog on. "Articles" and all.


What language is that? How do you pronounce it? Fun fact; The Smurfs is the English name, they are originally Belgian where they are called Les Schtroumpfs.


Minty spotting! I made the cover! And they didn't Mike Wazowski me and put the sticker over my face.


Thundercats.... HOOOOOOO!!! Dang Liono had to sell his cool sword, and it wound up in a flea market? What happened to the Thundercats?  I'm not sure where the other one is from. I thought it would be fun to try and see if I could successfully research it based purely on this picture.


Pokemon pins! Usually these are sold in packs with the pin's pokemon on a special card. But some people might only want the pin instead of the extra cards. I almost got the Mega Mawile but I think we already had it. Isn't it fun to forget if you've already collected something or not?


Real good quality on those embroidery patches. Check out the Skeletor in the heart with a Live Laugh Love text. That for sure gets the head-tilted-back laughs!


Blast from the past! Literally: sand blasting. My friend's previous workplace sold these tin ice buckets where they would etch the names into them with a silicon spray gun cabinet. It was one of the most popular items, and it was fun to see one with a name in the familiar font and all.


Picture for my friend who shall remain anonymous. Should they have spelled it Pete-Za? Now that I see it, I guess that does look a little confusing.


I almost got some of these 1$ Pokemon packs. But the thing is, "I" never get any good cards from a 1$ pack, while my friend always get amazing cards. The last few years they have not sold these at the Dollar Store, so we have been denied "1$ pack duels". But my friend needs to be here to pick their own packs, if I pick them, they'll all be bad!


Remember when they did that live-action Mario Bros. movie? 3$ per pack of cards was way too high to get a few out of curiosity. But probably a fair price considering that movie came out in 1993.


Well, after a lap around the outside tables, inside we go! There's a refreshing amount of air conditioning going on in here!


Mutual Fundz: The Game! WOW! Sounds like FUN! You know it is, because they spelled Fundz with a "z"! What kid doesn't want to play around with mutual funds? Um... what's a mutual fund, exactly?


Happy Alien? It's so cute! The kind of crazy part about Aliens is that they are vicious monsters but they don't really want to kill you. They need you for egg-hatching purposes.


My friend has a bunch of these Awesome Little Green Men figures from before. So much that he cleverly broke the code on the bottom, to figure out which figure is in the box. It's complicated so we didn't spend the time to check if there were any good ones we would have wanted.


Ah, Liliana Vess. One of the original five Planeswalkers from Magic: The Gathering. Character designed in 2007. When I saw this figure, I couldn't help but think how much more "clothed" she would be these days. Modern media would have you think it's horrible for female characters to be dressed so lightly.


Borg Cube lamp shade! Your lamp as it has been, is over. From this time forward, it will service us. Resistance is futile.


I can say this is the closest I've been to actually driving a giant dump truck. I don't see a Tonka logo anywhere but we all know this is a Tonka thing, right?


Woo! Halfway through the inside area, we went back to the car real quick to get a few sips of beverage. Grabbed a quarter to feed this machine, and it turns out this cool red bouncy ball would be the only thing we take home this trip. Besides all the fun pictures, of course.


Yikes! What an intense door mat! Does this count as a warning, for legal purposes? And y'know, this might seem to also apply to the people inside the house, too ...[Sarcasm mode] Sorry kids, you're not worth dying for. Wow ...that's dark. I was only kidding!


There's a store here with all kinds of Sports team stuff. We looked hard to see if we could find anything with the new Washington Commanders NFL logos on them, and... nothing. We did see a few things with the lame no-name Washington Football Team "logo" and had a funny thought that the "W" stands for "Woke" haha. Is this going to be a collector's item from the painfully awkward years?


There were also a few items with the old Washington Redskins logo. Which is honestly a pretty good logo, from a graphic perspective. But the name "Redskins" is obviously the most offensive sports team name ever, and it's a wonder how it took so long to change it. You're next, Cleveland "Browns"!


This lazy bunny is bored with those last few comments and the political tones. Can we just have fun pictures, please?


Anybody else get that odd feeling, when staring at fish in a fishtank, that you've made some kind of "connection" with a particular fish? It stares at you while you stare back, and you start to think "why is this fish staring at me?" and you can't help but be frozen in the wonder of the moment. What... is going on here? And then you remember; oh yeah, it's just a fish. And move on.


Should we find it hypocritical that the Amish store is selling unicorn and faerie things? I can't imagine them being okay with this in their own houses, but I guess I don't know enough about it to judge either way.


I can't help but think this is a little sexist. Can you imagine this except with Daddy and Grandpa? "If Grandpa ain't happy... RUN!" See? Not so cool anymore, right?


When I took this picture, I had a really funny comment to go with it, but now... I forgot what it was.


Again, a modern phone plaque in the Amish store. Do they have phones? How could they not have phones?


Slow motion speech: Ohhhhhhhh, fuuuuuuuddgggeee! Except I DID say "Fudge"!


Colorful popcorn! How could you want popcorn in any other flavor than good 'ole butter? I bet after two bites, you'd just want regular butter popcorn anyway.


I know it's been a while since Breaking Bad was the hot show, but seeing these blue crystals next to regular white crystals made me think of the show. I'M the one who knocks!


It's been a while since I've had some corn on the cobb. I almost got some but then I thought... do I have those little things you poke in the ends to hold them with? Pretty sure I have some, but let me check first.


I laughed out loud at that one basket in the middle there, with the one tall eggplant and the two ones deeper in the basket. Looked a little too much like what the "eggplant emoji" is cheekishly referred as.


My friend has dogs like this! The alcoholism inuendo is kind of in bad taste though. Was that a pun? Licker... bad taste?


Supergirl's cat's name is "Streaky"? Does it have a tendency to run across the field and disrupt whatever sporting event it goes to?


That 7-Eleven Exclusive sticker is HUGE! I think there's a Stone Cold Steve Austin behind it. WHAT?! I said I think there's a... WHAT?! I'm just saying that the sticker... WHAT?! And that's the bottom line, 'cause Stone Cold SAID SO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment