Saturday, August 19, 2023

Animal Kingdom '23 part 2

 Continuing the pictures from Disney's Animal Kingdom. If you've missed it, I'm posting the tons of pictures from our trip to Florida (and beyond!), so if you need to check back or forward, there's lots of pics to get to.

Adorable tiger! Looks kinda like a Buddha? A little odd that this gift shop has Yak and Yeti restaurant names on the stuff, instead of Disney and Animal Kingdom.




I forgot what those glass flowers were for, in the middle of the picture. But there's also some sauce here. What an odd thing to get at a theme park, sauce. If it turns out you love it, how do you get more?


Dancing Shiva and some other neat decorations. My friend was pointing out some things about the statues to identify them, which was kinda impressive.


Squishmallow huge tiger. Cuddle up with this, and not a real tiger. This is far less likely to accidentally eat you.


My friend was blown away at the subtle Wonder Twins reference. Do you remember, from the Superfriends TV cartoon? Wonder Twin Powers... activate! And they would fist-bump and turn into animals and water? No way this is not supposed to be that.


Peace out y'all!


If you find this bubble fountain in the Animal Kingdom park, it will be the thing you have fun memories of and seek out on future trips. For a theme park thing, it's so simple and effective.


What are we looking at? Says my friend. Don't you see the giant lizard right there! Oh, okay. Giant lizard. Yeah.


Monkeys! Sorry I could have been a little more accurate about what kind of monkeys these are, I'm sure there's a plaque around here somewhere for that.


Neat bat decorations up there. What's Batman doing here? Is this the Bat Cave?


Big lizard! It seemed interested in the people checking it out. It's nice to imagine it's enjoying looking at all the people just as much as we are enjoying looking at the big lizard.


Turns out this is the literal bat cave. Notice there's no screen or window glass here? The bats are free to roam around the tourists, if they want. I think we saw a few shadows that were probably bats, but I didn't get any pictures that were clearly a bat.


More than a little creepy, here's a bat skeleton. Cool to see the wings look like arms with long fingers, you might not expect that.


Another creepy old book with creepy sketches and a creepy skull in a creepy box. Did they forget to put away the Halloween decorations?


Here's the tiger zone. Um, tiger... place? The part of the Animal Kingdom zoo with has the tigers. They give them such a beautiful fountain to play in. Perfect for photo ops, if there were actually any tigers here.


This is a cute sign in a zoo with high glass walls, but if I saw this sign in a real jungle, I don't think I'd feel very safe.


Pretty sure I took this picture the last time I was here. It's such a nice view of an old door. This picture is like a journey into the past. Except....


OH! Modern padlock on the door. They were so close. Why does this make me laugh? Eh, it's silly, I know.


Ducks! They are unique-looking ducks, not like the regular ducks from wherever you are from. Unless, you're here from a place that has ducks like this. Where is that exactly?


Safe water for drinking. This display was next to the water fountain, which is fun. Did I mention it was 100 degrees that day? SOOOOOO HOT!


Yeah. Hot. These beasts were trying to cool down in the water. I'm jealous.


OH! Over there! It's a tiger! This is the best picture I got of it.


There were a few stone panels with pictures that were probably trying to tell a story. This last one is maybe: "Tada! Here's a plant we all worked together to grow! Let's eat this, instead of each other."


The tiger must know that's the coolest corner to sit in. Temperature-cool, not cool as in, the best for photo ops.


Look up at the bird apartment buildings. How are those even built?! Do you think they marvel at our buildings, too?


Another pretty lake with super clear water. I think I might have over-done it with the pictures here. Animal Kingdom is a bunch of walking around, looking at nice things. How can I not have taken too many pictures?


This bird's feathered collar reminded me of the Skeksis from The Dark Crystal. Mmmmmmmmmm-mmmmmm? Haha did you remember The Chamberlain's catchphrase?


Another amazing view. I think there's supposed to be some monkeys over there, which is why the bamboo scaffolding is all over it, for them to climb on.


We went back to the Yak and Yeti restaurant to see about getting something to eat. It smelled too "fishy" for my friend, but we caught the employee taking about the statues inside, and they flat out said we should wander around and check them all out. So... we did! Here's some kind of guardian who can look in a bunch of directions at once.


My friend pointed out this hand gesture and knew what it meant, but I'm afraid I don't remember what it was. That's what I get for not taking notes with my pictures. Sometimes I think I should be taking notes.


More missed notes. I don't remember if the guide said these were twins or sister. Sisters, I think. The decor of this place is amazing.


Smile for a picture! I said SMILE? I felt like I needed to take pictures of each statue, since the guide encouraged us to check them out.


Honestly I'm a little inspired to make my own big statue, give it a name and a story. It would be a lot of work but kind of neat, don't you think? But... so much work.


The various shelves and cabinets all over this place had cool things in them, too. Here's an elephant for my friend who is a fan of elephants.


What a neat display of bird things. Anybody got this type of decoration at home?


I was trying to get a picture of the statue at the lobby entrance, and the guy who told us about the statues jumped into the picture! That's him over there. Ask him about the statues!


I remember he said this statue was some kind of traveler. And they put a bunch of suitcases around it! Have a great trip, yo!


Pulled pork jelly donut sandwich? And... Hail Hydra! Marvel fans know what I'm talking about.


Kevin! That's a bird from the movie Up!. I recently re-watched Up! and that bird was very cleverly the whole plot of the movie, not so much the floating house, as it turns out.


Live music and people dancing. Party in the park!


Popped into the gift shop. Check out those wood carvings! Nothing like a fancy gift shop decor.


Here's a shirt with images of a Pixar short film. Something about islands falling in love. Or um... in lava?


They have toy versions of the new Skyliner cars. More about those in a future post, since we actually rode them later, but here's a preview of what they look like.


Judy Hopps! Is it rude to say she belongs in the Animal Kingdom park? Also, Mike Wazowski's monster teddy bear Little Mikey. Not sure if that belongs in Animal Kingdom.


Baby animals! I remember seeing some of these a few years ago, and it's no surprise they are cute enough to see a lot more of them. Yeah, baby!


Mr. Toad? From the gone-for-a-long-time-now Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. As an old pony, I can appreciate nostalgia merchandise.


This boat was drifting down the river, rocking out! Mobile live music! Awesome.


Grabbed another picture of the floating islands over in Pandora land as we went back over to get some of the souvenirs. 


Bounce back to the other air-conditioned gift shop as we head out. I think this is the first bit of merch I saw from the new Elemental movie. You think they'd be pushing the merch more for the newest movie, but it was kind of hard to spot any of it. I mean, they should expect the toys to sell, that girl is so hot looking! And that guy is so cool.


This. This is why dogs are the best. Doug, the dog from Up!, had a device which would translate his thoughts, and this is what he thinks. Yay dogs.


Chip and Dale! Planting trees? More likely they are hiding nuts.


My other friend was taking so many pictures, that he ran out of space on his phone. And there was one more picture of this window he wanted to take, of the window frame with all the elephants around it. Don't worry, I got PLENTY of space on my phone for pictures. I've been doing this blog thing for a while, so I'm prepared to take too many pictures. Was this too many pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment