Monday, August 28, 2023

Disney World '23 Magic Kingdom part 2

 Disney World! Got another batch of pictures from The Magic Kingdom, including the popular Haunted Mansion and its gift shop. But there's a few pictures to see before we got there.

We exited Tomorrowland into this Dumbo circus area. I'm not calling anyone dumb! That's his name. This train was spew-ing water everywhere and we all took turns bravely slow-walking through it. Even though none of us got wet, it was a simple but incredibly fun thing to do.




We were curious to find out which version of Ariel they would have at the theme park, since the recent live-action movie just came out. The answer is: Nope! None of any Ariel right now.


Do you think they'd really re-do the whole attraction to match the new movie? Nah. I bet somebody in charge wanted to, but other money people said it would cost too much to replace this type of stuff.


Villains are oddly popular, too. Gaston, the character, would be happy to know he has fans.


I like the far-in-the-distance Beauty and The Beast castle over there. That's the fancy restaurant but you don't really have to walk that far to get in. 


Weeeeee! Wobbly mine cars for the 7 Dwarves ride. We didn't go on it, but wanted to show it to our friends who had not yet seen it. It's at least worth seeing, and if we had time, we would have liked to have done it.


Pinocchio in da HAUS! He's up there with a piece of cake. So, is that easy for him? Yeah, it's a piece of cake!


We had a little bit of time before our diner reservation. About... 40 minutes. Perfect! We say as we walk past It's a Small World.


This ride is a visual overload. There are a million cool things to look at and comment on. If I really wanted to, I could take thousands of pictures and post them for MONTHS! I mean, that's a funny thought, but really nobody would have the patience for that. So don't worry, I resolved to take only a few pictures.


This poor door in the line queue. Probably nobody takes a picture of it. What's in there? Is it a Smaller World? Inside the Small World?


Rather than take pictures of the ride, I thought it might be funny to take random pictures nobody else ever did. The close-up of the wall in the line was a lot more Minty-colored than this picture shows. What a nice texture going on over there. I'd like to think I'm the first pony to get this picture, but so many people visit It's a Small World, I wouldnt be surprised if other people did this silly thing before me.


Boat number ONE! Yeah. That's how we roll. We're number one! We're number one!


I was soooo trying to not get any pictures of the characters in the ride, but I saw these tambourine-wielding ninjas and... yeah I gotta get a picture of that. For the record, I'm not trying to be culturally insensitive. I know those are not really ninjas. But you have to admit the thought of ninjas using tambourines is funny. How would they not make any noise? That's some skillz.


Rapunzel's tower! I love the effectiveness of those small things that look like they are far away instead. It's a little like movie-magic, but it's right in front of you!


The area around Rapunzel's tower has a bunch of hidden Pascal figures. That's her pet chameleon. If you want to look for him, I'll give you a minute... just don't read the end of this sentence.... You ready? Okay he's by the river next to that big rock on the right. See him? He's grey like the rock.


Memento Mori! That's the gift shop for The Haunted Mansion. I won't depress you and tell you what the store name means. I know me telling you not to look it up will only make you want to look it up more. Just accept that it's haunted-themed and let's see what things are inside the shop. And yes it's all different stuff than you'd find at Hot Topic.


The Haunted Mansion ride is filled with all kinds of ghosts and characters, and almost all of them have been given names and stories. It might be why the ride is so popular? It's like visiting old friends. Reeeeeaaaaallly old friends. Madame Leota is not only a psychic, but she's literally inside the crystal ball. So... that's efficient.


How does this ride maintain it's non-terrifying aura? Telling kids that ghosts follow them home should give them nightmares, but instead they think... it's fun? I mean, the ride actually shows the ghosts riding the ride with you. Have you ever been on it?


My embroidery-nerd friend is checking out the stitch patterns on the hat. Notice how the lips are two different patterns and not a solid shape? And there are no connecting threads between the stitch lines, which is classy. Disney has some top-notch embroidery artists, I can tell, from a technical perspective.


You can play along with the stretch paintings by holding up your hand to cover up all but the top parts. Then slowly lower your hand to reveal them as they stretch down the wall. It's part of the ride.


Do you really want a pet bed that looks like the ride car? Complete with Hitchhiking Ghosts? Did you ever wonder what your cat is staring at on the ceiling? Maybe some ghosts did follow you home. At least they have a place to sleep.


The Haunted Mansion is more of a Halloween thing, but have a Christmas tree ornament, too. This is Constance Hatchaway. Her name is easy to remember on account of the um... hatchet, that she constantly uses. She's been married a bunch of times; anybody want to guess what happens to her husbands?


This statue was not glowing on it's own, there was a nicely-placed green light above it. I feel like you need to sell the light, too. 


Chess set with all the ride characters. The loser gets haunted! Mwa-ha-ha!


More cute and not scary stuff. Phantom Five, performing "nightly" at the Haunted Mansion. I like that those cats are happy singing along. Not phased one bit by the ghosts. So cat-like, you think?


After diner, we went over to the Hall of Presidents, but they were closed. Boo. Did not get to see Biden. Last time I was here, it was Trump. Not that I was particularly looking forward to seeing Biden, I was maybe more looking forward to seeing Trump moved to the background, and not in the front. Hahaha that's just a funny thing to say. I try not to do politics.


The park was about to close but there was enough time to jump onto the ride. Our Disney-expert friend told us that the line wait for The Haunted Mansion never gets lower than 13 minutes. That actually means "no wait".


While I tried to get a picture of the cat-girl painting, I was busted! My friend's "ride photo" shows him holding me up to snap a Minty Picture! Hilarious. I was only trying to see if my new low-light camera on my new-ish phone would get better pictures. It was not. This ride is still too dark.


Bye, Haunted Mansion! I bet if we cleaned you up, and threw on a fresh coat of paint... Nah, It would probably still be haunted.


Gotta get a picture of the castle at night. Like everybody else did, I'm sure. Hey, is that a Lannister Lion on the banner over there? Do they owe Disney some money? A Lannister always pays his debts.


Flowers outside the restroom as we wait for our friend. Good thing I didn't have to go, because they described the most horrible smell that was going on in there. It was funny for us, since we didn't have to deal with it. Torture for them though. We got nice flowers instead.


A quick stop by some gift shops as we were making our way out of the park. We got a 23-19! A 23-19!!!!


My friend wanted to get that Rescue Rangers logo pin, but they already bought too many pins. That's how the pins work! There's always one more that you kind of want.


I..... Can't..... Do..... The..... Sloth..... Thing..... In..... A..... Blog..... Post. But you all remember the scene, right? You're looking at me like ears-down Judy Hopps right now.


Another souvanier we passed on, but kind of wanted a lot. I already have Rescue Rangers plushies of Chip and Dale, do I really need 100th Anniversary Silver Tuxedo versions, too? Hahahaha... maybe?


Hey, you think they'd sell me that painting instead? Probably not, it's part of the store's decor, even if I did offer them a ridiculous amount.


Does everybody know by now, that Disney is celebrating their 100th Anniversary? Is it more impressive that it lasted so long, without the original founders, or less inpressive, since the current stewards are keeping it in business? I mean, at some point, does it exist all by itself? What am I rambling about? I don't even know anymore.


This replica Scream Canister water bottle from Monsters, Inc. was awesome! It even made a scream noise when you opened it! I was totally going to get one, except it was like... $50! Ouch! My wallet screamed, and then we put it down. I mean, it's cool, but not THAT cool.


What a day. We woke up so early to be at Animal Kingdom before they opened, and here we are at Magic Kingdom after the park closed. That's how you DO IT! Yeah! We can rest when we get home, right? And, we all know that we need to be up at 7am tomorrow to press buttons on our phone to attempt the virtual line queue for the Guardians of The Galaxy ride at Epcot. Stay tuned to see how that went!

No comments:

Post a Comment