Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - space food!

 One last group of pictures from our voyage on Disney's Galactic Starcruiser. This is all of the "alien" foods they served on the ship! What do they eat in Star Wars? This! I'm probably going to be brief with the descriptions on most of these. To be clear, almost everything we ate qualified as "Sooooo amazing!" And there's only so many ways I can say that. It would be exhausting to try.

I'm going to start off with these Chandrilla Star Line cookies which I got some many handfuls of. It's okay, they told me to take extra! I managed to bring some home with me from the whole trip. Basically like a black and white cookie, but only the vanilla part. So... yum.



Breakfast time! This was like a grilled cheese sandwich. Nice and crispy.


Gross sea creatures. One of the few things I did not try. Because my friend doesn't do seafood. But, it would not surprise me if these were good, for those of you that would have had some.


This ham & cheese bread puff was a breakfast favorite. That little blop of sauce was HOT. Like a wasabi or something.


I'm not a fan of jelly filled things, but if you are, that's okay.


A pile of chocolate pudding with some chocolate slices in it? Yep.


Doesn't this look soooooo crazy alien? A lot of these things were just as much art, as they were food.


Even the salad thing looked like it was from another world.


Another salad but with a crispy wafer thing on top. Some kind of plant thing, I'm sure.


You can't see in this picture, but in brighter light, those cookies are purple under the white frosting. When I asked the waitress what type of cookies these are, she said "The Best" and I think that's about right.


Mixed veggies. Space veggies.


They consistently called anything chicken as Tip Yip. These had a spice kick and the mac n cheese was flat noodles.


Oval shaped, and sliced diagonally, but still recognizable as a "pizza". Though the toppings were unusual, in a good way.


Another seafood thing I didn't try. But if you like seafood, this does look like it would have been quite good.


Check out the Aurebesh-translated Coca-Cola signs on the drink dispenser station! 


The trays were odd-shaped. Notice the Chandrilla Star Line logo in the corner. Which I know now, was um... upside-down. The dot goes on top of the center circle.


There was an extra-charge cocktail menu, but infinite other beverages were free. Just like a real cruise ship.


This was the first course of our diner on the first night. Those balls are various um... balls. Meatball, Chicken, and some kind of Veggie. With different dipping sauces.


There was four of us, so we cut them into 4ths. Again, everything was super good, so keep in mind even though I'm not saying it for everything, it's true.


Main course, the Bantha Steaks were what Earth people would call filet mignon. And like a cruise ship, you can ask them to bring more. And we did, and did again, and again. These were so awesome I lost track of how many of these we ate. Might have been dozens.


Whatever color they make it, I still loves me some cauliflower! Purple? Sure! See? I had some veggies. Now gimme more of that Bantha Steaks!


The various desert things were each amazing. That little sphere of jello on the bottom was clear when you spooned it up, like magic!


Our one friend was honorably sticking to his no-carb diet, despite all of these tempting foods surrounding us. The kitchen staff was absolutely on board with the request, and was happy to impress us all with substitute works of space art, like this space berries desert.


Small tray of space chocolates as we were leaving dinner. 


Next day's breakfast. Blue yogurt!


Art made out of eggs. I wonder if this is fun for the chefs?


Extra waffles for me. This time I got some green milk to drink. But I now remember the blue milk was better. Green is still pretty good though. Check out the space breads on the right. It was only after I ate them all that I discovered the light-blue circle thing was actually butter.


Here's the blue milk. My friends loved these hashbrown/egg/marbled bacon things, and at so many of them!


I have no idea what was on that pizza thing, but it was good. It might look a little lazy that those chocolate chip cookies don't look more alien, but I guess they thought they needed something fussy people would recognize.


First course of the 2nd night's dinner. The theme was foods across the galaxy. This was crazy breads and a cheese dipping sauce from Mustafar. There were these black crispy bread things, and they were so good I almost wanted to just have THAT, for all night. But there was more good food to come!


This is the course that would have been the "blue shrimp". If you look up "foods on the Star Wars Halcyon Cruise" the first picture you always get is the crazy blue shrimp from Felucia. But, we had a no-seafood request, and they substituted these non-seafood spring rolls and grilled tip yips.


I forgot which planet they said this was from, but I think it was more Bantha meat. It was like a pot roast complete with an au jus sauce to pour over it. Again, we had so much of this! It was so good!


We had so much pot roast that I basically had to chug this Chandrilla Star Line Logo desert, in order to rush out and catch more story things going on! It was fun shoveling this into my mouth, which I did, because it was also so amazing. And chewing it as I hurried down the corridor.


Cookies for breakfast! I'm a grown-up, I can do that.


I should have tried some of that purple and red popcorn, I later found out it's a polarizing combo. Some people love it and others hate it! You can get it at the regular Galaxy's Edge part of Hollywood Studios.


Muffin art.


This purple art masterpiece was pure cake frosting, in the best possible way. With white chocolate sticks. Protip: If you get "The Grey Stuff" at the Beauty and the Beast restaurant, it's this, but grey instead of purple.


More amazing breakfast deserts. That red shaved ice-y stuff was good. And those pink things were filled with some kind of strawberry ice cream!


Did I already get a picture of this pudding? I think I did.


Again, a little embarrased I got the tray upside-down in the picture. But you don't notice that while you're eating tasty breakfast.


This thing looked really cool and had a neat wooden pick stabbed through it.


Check out the cross-pattern square of bacon! I'm not a big fan of hashbrowns but the waffle-pressed ones were pretty good. And that green-sprinkled dough on the end was cinnamon, and awesome. I went back and got extras of that.

And so ends all the pictures from our amazing Star Wars adventure. Fair warning: we also drove down to Florida and stayed at Disney World for several more days, so... prepare for a lot more fun pictures of the trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment