Friday, August 16, 2019

Bike Blocked

Back with some more bike trip pictures.

A recent storm blew over that tree onto the sidewalk. Gotta walk around it. This spot is at the bottom of the ramp where we pick up a bunch of speed and coast for a good while, so that says no to that. If you zoom in, you can see the pink bee Hatchimal we left on that lamp post. It's been there for at least a month already.


We were telling the story to my friend's visiting parents about how sometimes the water moving in the river creates a hypnotic ripple effect. Do you see the horizontal bands in the water? I think the movement of the bike adds a lot to the effect but you might get an idea from this one picture.


Also, here's the view we wanted to show them of the um, whatever this is called, waterfall place. Not too much waterfalling right now. Good thing we did not decide to walk over here because it's about 2 miles away from where we parked. Sure doesn't seem that far away on the bicycle.


It's a pretty nice view but probably not worth a 4-mile walk to and from. Maybe they can enjoy these pictures instead. I know it's not the same thing, but on a cooler day the walk would be not as bad.


Nice picture of that butterfly thanks to the upgraded camera. What type of butterfly? THE MONARCH!


Can we check the tides and if they are going in or out and get a better view of the water rushing over this thing? Who needs luck when you can use some science here.


This dark dark tunnel under the street looked like it might be filled with muddy mud. The new super-powers camera shows it a lot brighter and confirms our mud theory. We crossed the street and did not use the tunnel.


We glanced over and had a funny laugh at this, and almost thought it was not cool to share a picture of this, but decided it was funny enough and could not pass up the opportunity to post a picture of a tree with a um, bottom-hole. At least I can use less-harsh language.


A Yoda-house for myself I found. Stay here in the summers I can. It's nice to know how humble Yoda was that he used to live in that giant city planet , for like hundreds of years, and he was still okay just roughing it in a hut in the swamp. You think he was like "Just one more time before I die I'd like to have some air conditioning."


There are a couple of people down there standing up on small boards with paddles. Probably very aware that it totally looks like they are standing on the water like a couple of ninjas.


Always nice to glance around the Princeton campus and see something I'm pretty sure I didn't see before. Like these cool gargoyle statues up there. On some kind of gym building, the doors were open and there was music coming from inside. We were not curious enough to see what was going on, but almost.


This odd corner looked artistic for no other reason. Those things connecting the building did not seem to serve any other function besides "looking cool."


I have a feeling I've posted this picture before, of the giant snake head Chinese Zodiac figure. But I felt the urge to post it again only so I can scream "COBRAAAAAAAA!" like an idiot. Even though I don't think this is actually a cobra snake, now that I look at it. Do you think any G.I.Joe fans would want this anyway?


They're back..... if you need reminding, this is the third year in a row that we've seen um, "things" left on the entrance ramp leading down into the forest trail. Cue up the tv audience sound where they go "woooooo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment