Sunday, October 16, 2022

Cloudy Flea Market

 Another lazy weekend venture out to the Englishtown Flea Market. Treasures to be hunted, and all that.

It was a bit cloudy, but it wasn't supposed to rain. I don't recall seeing this sign up, maybe they only put it up when the skies get grey. Let's hope it doesn't rain and see if we can find some fun stuff to get pictures of.




Ah, kids. They find figures funny where they have butts instead of heads. I know the planet name gets a lot of jokes itself, but somehow I think naming this character Uranus is a bit too far, you think?


I saw this table of anime figures and took a quick picture to check later and see if there was any cool characters. Sometimes it seems like there's only a few popular shows like Naruto and Dragon Ball and nothing else gets any figures.


Some places had tents set up around them. Ready for the rain. Pros. They also are smart and put a bunch of umbrellas for sale right in the front.


Are you trying to hypnotize me? This is extreme torture for my friend, because this doll is staring like it wants something. What?! What do you want?! It will never answer.


Who takes a picture of a plant at a flea market? This thing was cool looking, not every picture has to be about something for sale. Or, maybe we could buy it somehow?


And right below it was another neat looking plant. Those leave shapes and colors! Okay, we came here to find treasures... but a nice looking plant is a kind of treasure, too.


These blacklight-colored t-shirts looked neat but I think only as a group. Like, if you wore one all alone it wouldn't look as neat.


Making keys at a flea market. Super busy. You know, there are plenty of places all around that make keys. But those places ask questions... a'right? 


One of these weekends we'll wake up early enough to see this area swarming with vendors. These are the sort of yard sale tables that you can rent, and usually these people clear out after lunch. There's a few people left this time of day, but not much.


Unicycle? I had a funny thought that if you pick it up and hold it, you're kind of like an Autobot. Optimus Prime is all like "Transform, and roll out!" and you can actually do that.


Wow! Who would have thought I'd run into this record at a place like this? You know, I guess it really is... a small world.


When you rent a table, they have to tell you where to go. Let's investigate Lois Lane for a change.


Which one of these throws fireballs? Anybody else associate giant gemstone rings with D&D Wizards?


I saw this cat art on the throw blanket and snapped a picture of it. Later I read the words at the top and it kinda hit my friend in the feels. He's such a sucker for sentimental nonsense like that, sometimes.


Dorian Gray. This action figure gets older and he stays the same age. That's how it works, right? This also reminded me that I was in the middle of watching Penny Dreadful and never finished watching it. I should probably go back to that one of these weekends.


I couldn't remember where Carole Baskin was from, so I got this picture to figure it out. Later my brain wanted to add "That B----" to the front of her name, and I did recall she's the Tiger King's nemesis. Follow up: The Internet says they did indeed find her husband alive and well, so she did not feed him to tigers.


Another excuse to plug the funny show The Venture Bros. This character was formerly known as Dr. Girlfriend. She married her longtime boyfriend and is now known as Dr. Mrs. The Monarch. C'mon, that name alone is a clear demonstration of how funny the show is! Do we need to mention The Monarch is a supervillain who is themed around monarch butterflies? 


Books! You could spend all day searching for that one book. Which one? Come here and find out!


'N Sync! All five of them! Eh, I walked away and said Bye Bye Bye with the little hand gestures. Ain't no lie, baby.


Everybody remember what M.U.S.C.L.E. stands for? Here's some Mega Man and Robotech ones! They were originally wrestler-themed figures which is why the acronym is muscle. But the style of figures is obviously great for anything.


Hey, it's My Little Pony Collectible Card Game packs! They never made a Minty card, in all the sets they've done. I'm not too surprised since I barely made a microscopic, un-confirmed, 0.68-second cameo in the movie.


Saturday Night Live Trivial Pursuit sounds amazing. I might surprise myself with the amount of trivia I'd know about that since I've been such a fan for such a long time. It says DVD edition so it probably has a bunch of show clips, too!


Dakimakura! Hug a body pillow that looks like your favorite character. How far is too far, to be a fan of something?


Who is Ranko Kanzaki, and why is this figure of her $300?! If you are an anime fan, this shouldn't be too shocking. They make rare valuable figures of lots of characters all the time.


I blinked at the name "Lucy" and was like, what? That's a very uncommon name for an anime character. She's got some 'splaining to do!


When I took this Minty Picture of these figures (not blind-box, you can tell which one is in there), the booth people caught me, and turns out they are actual, as-much-as-can-be, "Brony" My Little Pony fans! They previously volunteered at many MLP fan conventions, and had lots of swag and merch from those events! So that was a neat thing, to hear about the fun adventures they had living the 'Pony life.


Look again at these Gameboy Cartridges. See me over there? These were huge wall displays!


Ominous message reads: "This is mine - You know who I am. If you take it, it will blow up in your..." The last part of the message was below the table, I was not going to touch it to read the last bit. Nope. I'm not curious enough to touch this at all. And I don't even know who they are.


I've always thought it would be fun to have a neon lights sign in my window to tell everyone silly messages. Kind of like I'm doing now? Hmm.... interesting.


Random box of loose Magic: The Gathering cards?! This has either been picked-through and is complete garbage, or there might actually be a valuable card hidden here. Just the thought of finding a Black Lotus...! I was in a lazy mood, but a piece of me wanted to look through the entire thing just in case!


I wonder if this thing will become an antique relic at some time when we are all using electric cars in the future. Like... hey kids, we used to use this stuff called "Gasoline" to fuel our cars.


We did pick up a Pinkie Pie from the Brony guy's booth. They were so excited to be fans that it inspired us to pick up a collectible.


I also picked up a few random loose anime cards, with characters from Fate Grand Order among other shows I've not seen. After a bit of research on the origins of these, it turns out there's a market for taking various official, and fan art, from properties, and making pro-level trading card sets, all completely bootleg-and-not-official! So weird! The one Digimon card is official, and I don't know hardly anything about Digimon except I now have a favorite Digimon named Rosemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment