Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Warm Memories

 Every year we wind up with some pictures from our bike-rides that we wind up posting well after the temperature is too cold to go out again. It's nice to remember it being warm outside, at least. And I could use some sunny pictures right about now.

Like this picture, I remember it was soooo hot that day, and when the sun would hide behind the tiny clouds, it was a lot better for... a hot minute. 




Check out the rainbow we caught in the fountain! Definitely NO pot of gold to be found.


Super pink flowers! I think that's lense flare, and not another rainbow. Sure would be nice to find a pot of gold one of these days.


What a mysterious sign. Is that thing the Bridge to Life? This is the "Lock" or whatever it's called, the place that the river hits a wall and kind of steps down a level.


Right behind us, it looks like a totally calm river. But there's a hole in the wall, and under it, the water is going crazy! Who would have thought this type of thing is possible? Stairs for a river.


Nice sun reflection over the water. When you take pictures looking into the sun like this, you can't really see them in the camera, since you're kinda blinded by the brightness.


It's been a while since I got a picture of the Mary statue in the cliff over there. Still doing fine.


Duckeeeee!! Sometimes it's silly how much wildlife cheers me up. But it does, so It's cool if I let it cheer me up.


See those pink flowers over there? Well I passed on getting a picture when one was close to me. I thought; Eh, I'll just get a picture of the next one. And I kept going and going, and couldn't find another one. It became a kind of odd worry that I passed on something I should have gotten. Should I turn around? The flower was so far away by now! But, I eventually found some, even if they were on the other side of the river.


And here's the flower, finally close to me. That was strange being bothered so much by a missed picture. There might be some therapy needed, maybe I was just in a lonely mood.


Here's a bright red flower I got a picture of right away. It's so bright it blurred the photo! Almost looks like artwork, even.


Tearing up the street in Princeton. I probably should have crossed the street to get a closer picture, but it didn't seem so far away when I was standing there.


More construction around the Princeton campus. That sign says New Museum for Princeton. Can you have new stuff in a museum? That doesn't make any sense!


I saw this hacienda-looking building and I'm not sure if I ever got a picture of it. Maybe? I've taken a lot of pictures of the cool architecture in Princeton, so probably I already did. Looks like it could be some kind of mansion. I think there was some sort of garden behind it that I didn't go in.


There was a bunch of tents and party atmospheres all over the place. Probably a new-student welcoming thing. There's some temptation to just jump right into the party, but I'm way too shy for that. It might have been fun to see if we could get away with it, for however long we could keep up a fake story.


Random art piece on the side of the road, as if it was trash somebody would hope to find a better home. Anybody recognize the work? Looks like some kind of boat in a dock. Is that the S.S. Minnow from Gilligan's Island?


More flowers. It seems like I have a bunch of flower pictures this time. That's okay, right?


Zoom in and check out that bird on the water. It was glaring at me the whole time I got the camera out and took it's picture. Like it was a celebrity at a restaurant, and it was annoyed I was taking it's picture. I'm a paparazzi! Little bird! Little bird! Lemme get your picture!?


Ouch! This blood-red tree looked like veins erupted out of the ground! Super creepy.


I just noticed there was a name plaque under the metal tiger in front of the football stadium. I think it says Puffer Hobbs. Should we check on that, see if they've done anything anywhere else?


Awww! Parked in a hidden spot was this Just Married car. Aside from the wedding thing, that's a minty-fresh old school Volkswagen Beetle. That car itself is a work of art.


I wonder if there was one of these signs in the scene from Endgame, when Captain America tells the Avengers to assemble.


I noticed there was a piece of art on the side of the road over there. There's no sidewalk or anything that could easily get you over there. You'd have to either do a "Frogger" across the highway, or walk along a rough edge by the railing for a long way to get that thing.


I zoomed in to see if we could see the art piece. We drove the car past it weeks later, and it was still there. Nobody wants to go over and get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment