Saturday, September 16, 2017

OBX '17!

While there's one more Museum from Washington DC to post pictures from, which I will keep... secret... for now hehe, I thought I'd take a little break to post pictures from our trip to the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

Hanging out in Wal-Mart while awaiting the arrival of our friends. Got here a little later than usual but we're relaxing so no big deal. There's plenty to browse around to keep busy for a few minutes.

Vacation time! Click on the "Read more" below!



Welcome to Wal-Mart anywhere. Want to buy some smashed eggs?


My friend is a huge Smurf fan so Smurfberry muffins seemed awesome to him.


Not the first time we've run into Chester Cheetah at a Wal-Mart. I guess he takes vacations, too?


Dinner at a restaurant near the timeshare. Place named Argyle's. This red pirate guy was my new friend. He called the place "Arrrrrrrrr-gyle's"


Looking over the truffles in the case, they were expensive but we had to try one, they looked too beautiful.


My friend was about to sneeze and we quickly covered the truffle and said "Not on the truffle! It's expensive!" We all laughed and he didn't have to sneeze anymore.


The next morning my friend held out his hand and this dragonfly stopped on it for a while! It was pretty cool I'm glad we got its picture.


Thrift store treasure hunting uncovered this item from the place my friend used to work at. Ah, memories.


Cool new local comic shop called Leviathan was full of treasures! Nice friendly people there, too.


Our friends bought a lot of games and Magic cards, we got a few cool dice from the big chest of random dice. My friend said he's going to put them on his desk at work, and they can make all the decisions for him.


 Lunch at La Fogata. Which means "the fire" according to Google.


 Dancing peppers! They'll be dancing in your belly later, too?


 A local favorite hot-sauce source with a fun name. Gotta get pictures of funny hot sauce bottles!


 Not hot sauces, but there was some chocolates in a case with a funny sign on it.


Butt Munch. My friend told me he misses his Munch. I'm not sure what that means but he seemed a little sad about it.


Animals in hats are always a cheerer-upper!


Fun t-shirts for sale here. My friend wasn't really sure if he could wear something like this. Not like physically; of course he could actually wear it. Just might feel a little awkward to have people he doesn't know reading this shirt


 Here's some fun hot sauce names! "Rougaroux?" Haha those are on the show Supernatural!


I thought "Tears of the Sun" was the best name. So hot it would make THE SUN cry? Oh that's HOT!


 Hahaha no comments needed these bottles are funny all on their own.


Happy to have some Supernatural fans to play with! Guess who won? Not me! Those are some pretty hard questions! We got a bunch right, though. It was close.


 Here's a painting in the time share's rec center. Our friend got most of these people, can you guess them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment