Saturday, September 2, 2017

WWII Memorial

Continuing our walk around Washington, DC, at the other end of the Reflecting Pool is the Memorial for World War II. They use the double "I's" instead of the number 2. I wonder if this will eventually be like Lincoln's "four score" thing? I guess we all still remember Roman Numerals better than scores.

There it is over there. It's a big fountain surrounded by columns representing all of the states and stuff that helped win.

Click on the "Read more" below for the walk-around.

World War II was big deal. Like whole-world big deal.


An odd combination of relaxing and thoughtfulness to be had here.



I've got a lot of friends in Virginia, here's their column.


Check me out! You can see my reflection in the Reflecting Pool!


Looking back over the pool to the Lincoln Monument.


Closer to the Washington Monument. Do I look like a unicorn when I take a picture like this?


My friend is not exactly thrilled yet to be living in New Jersey. But here's the column.


I don't want to make my friend sad by mentioning New York but it's a great city and this column is for the whole state. Hopefully somepony will like that we thought to get a picture of this?


 How come everypony was over at the Lincoln Memorial chilling out? This place looked a lot more relaxing.


 Did she break that sword with her bare hand? That's one tough girl! Also notice the II instead of a 2. Will future people say "World War Eye-Eye?"


 Remember when Presidents said important things like this? Now we get "Bigly" how can that compare?


 Here's a nice picture of the fountain. In this shot it looks like there's nopony else around.


 All sorts of heroic stories to remember. Is there a movie of this?


That girl was worried she was ruining my picture, but I kinda like having people in the pictures sometimes it adds a bit of interest? What's her story?


 How much is gratitude worth? More than you can imagine! I don't know, I can imagine a lot.


 Props to our Allies we didn't win this thing ourselves!


 One side of the fountain represented the Atlantic coast and the other side was the Pacific coast.


My friend has friends from the Philippines I'm not sure I've met any of them myself? There was a column for them here.


 There was a wall of reliefs with "pictures" of random war scenes. These are way cooler than actual pictures.


 I would be willing to do my part to protect the World?


Liberty and Justice win! It's hard to think ponies can't all just "get along" and things like this happen.


 I think we did not come in through the "entrance?" Because the title marker was on our way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment